Friday, July 07, 2006

8 weeks til Roma!!!

It has been a long month since I last updated! God has been challenging and stretching me in ways that I did not expect. But He has also made me able to respond with faithfullness and a discipline that I did not know I was capable of.

I would be lying if I said that this past month has been easy. I have been battling shyness, laziness, a lack of boldness and general apathy. All things that I have faced in various points in my walk, but facing them all simultaneously has been a huge deal for me! The Lord has continually brought reminders to me that support raising is (as much as anything else in my life) a spiritual battle. Needless to say Satan is not thrilled about Christians committing themselves to be missionaries. Would you pray that I would cling to the promises of the Lord and not to my own perceptions during this time?

I've been blessed to be able to study Romans this summer with a friend of mine. One of the things that the Lord continually uses to encourage me is this passage:

"In hope [Abraham] believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, "So shall your offspring be." He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah's womb. No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised."
-Romans 4:18-21

How encouraging that ours is a God of the impossible!! No task is too large for Him, even raising my support. It is also encouraging to me that Abraham grew strong in his faith during this time of waiting on the Lord. God is able to increase our faith and His glory as we wait for Him . . . these have been the kind of truths that have kept me going this month. :)


As far as support I am close to where I should be. According to the timetable I should be at about 50% this Saturday. I am currently at 45%. Praise the Lord! However, I have reached a point where I'm about out of people to contact. Would you also pray that God would provide people for me to contact to complete my support?

Thank you so much for laboring with me!! You are essential to the ministry that will happen in Rome this year :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home