God is crazy faithful my friends
I can't even believe that as I write this my departure to Roma is so close! Our leave date has been moved to somewhere between the 4th and the 7th, meaning that in less than a month it will be my full time job to reach Italian students for Christ! I am beyond excited.
Things with support have been a ROLLER coaster, but one thing is certain, God has been answering prayer like none other during July (and the first week of august :) Last month I asked you to pray that God would provide people for me to contact.. and for a while it didn't look great. I spent most of the beginning of July hovering around 50%, and in fact on August 1st only had about 59% of my goal.
Not only was I personally feeling discouraged, but August first was the day that the head of our program sent out an email saying: If you are not at 60% yet, you need to withdraw from the program. This was the first time all summer that I doubted that I would be in Rome in september. Through a lot of prayer and struggling I gave my future up to the Lord once again, telling Him that I didn't want to go to Rome unless it was His plan. Well, in what has maybe been the best eight days of support of all time I am now at 79%!!!! God provided 20% of my support in a little over a week.. craaaaaazy!
I have been SO blessed, but 79% still isn't the end of the road. I still need 21% more, or $7,707, or $643/month. (I have done the math about a million different ways, haha) In addition to this, I leave to go to Colorado for my briefing conference this coming Sunday night. After that I've got a whirlwind 2 weeks and then (Lord willing) I can leave for Italy!
Would you pray that the Lord would bring in the remaining funds that I need even though I'm virtually out of people to contact? He is faithful and able to do more that I can imagine! Thank you so much for praying for me during this time, I am incredibly blessed to have you all in my life :)
Things with support have been a ROLLER coaster, but one thing is certain, God has been answering prayer like none other during July (and the first week of august :) Last month I asked you to pray that God would provide people for me to contact.. and for a while it didn't look great. I spent most of the beginning of July hovering around 50%, and in fact on August 1st only had about 59% of my goal.
Not only was I personally feeling discouraged, but August first was the day that the head of our program sent out an email saying: If you are not at 60% yet, you need to withdraw from the program. This was the first time all summer that I doubted that I would be in Rome in september. Through a lot of prayer and struggling I gave my future up to the Lord once again, telling Him that I didn't want to go to Rome unless it was His plan. Well, in what has maybe been the best eight days of support of all time I am now at 79%!!!! God provided 20% of my support in a little over a week.. craaaaaazy!
I have been SO blessed, but 79% still isn't the end of the road. I still need 21% more, or $7,707, or $643/month. (I have done the math about a million different ways, haha) In addition to this, I leave to go to Colorado for my briefing conference this coming Sunday night. After that I've got a whirlwind 2 weeks and then (Lord willing) I can leave for Italy!
Would you pray that the Lord would bring in the remaining funds that I need even though I'm virtually out of people to contact? He is faithful and able to do more that I can imagine! Thank you so much for praying for me during this time, I am incredibly blessed to have you all in my life :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home