Wednesday, November 01, 2006

PTL!

I never use "ptl" but i felt it was totally necessary at this point. We got an apartment! We're moving on thursday (would be weds, but it's a national holiday). Moving includes a much needed and very exciting trip to the Roma Ikea. Love it.

And another update... we're almost certain that getting a visa is going to require a trip home to the states. There's parts of this that are tough for me to trust the Lord with, and it may require me raising extra support to cover the cost of the plane ticket. When I was raising support I definitely thought, at times, that we didn't need to raise as much money as they were telling us to. Now that I'm here I see why they had us raise what we did, ministry and life in rome is expensive! And you never know what's going to happen. Please pray that the Lord would work in this situation and that He would be glorified through our attempts to be legal.

ENGLISH CLUB!
My teammate Amy and I are in charge of setting up english club, a weekly outreach aimed at drawing in students who want to learn english and sharing the Gospel through discussion questions. Next week we're planning a BIG english club push, complete with balloons, tshirts, and about a bajillion fliers. We're just praying that the Lord will use our feeble attempts to bring in those who He has been preparing to hear the Gospel.Please pray also that we would have innovative ideas to share the Gospel with Italian students :)




random italian fact: Italians have a totally different philosophy about how to dress. This week one of the crusade staff women talked with us about the differences. Here in Italy, even if it's 80 degrees, if it's fall you wear fall clothes. They can and will look at you like you're some kind of freak if you aren't wearing a coat and/or scarf. oh italy, you crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger myfriendfelicity said...

thanks for updating holly! it was good to hear what's going on there. Praise God you guys got a new apartment!! That's exciting!

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home