sweet home chicago :)
Last monday I left 50 degree Rome and flew into the below freezing Chicago- O'Hare airport. I think that temperature shock will be with me for a while :)
It has been such a blessing to be home and see my family and friends for the holidays. Thanks for your prayers in our time of transition!
Still in need of prayer!
I also have some news about our visa situation. LeAnne and I went to the Chicago consulate Wednesday and waited in line for a while with our packets of Visa information. (The lawyer we're working with has been great in taking care of almost everything Visa-wise for us) They only consider one application at a time so LeAnne went first. She was informed by a less-than-friendly visa officer that we needed a signed letter from the Vatican to be considered for religious visas. Hmm.. i don't think we're going to get that. I told LeAnne I'd get the Pope on the phone but she didn't seem too convinced. Anyway, we talked to our lawyer and she said that it's not legal to require Vatican approval, so we're headed back to the consulate sometime this week to plead our case. Would you pray that the Italian consulate would accept our applications and, ultimately, grant us Visas to go back to Rome? As long as everything with the Visas goes smoothly I should be bound back to bella Roma on January 10th.
And even more prayer... do you get the sense that I'm learning to rely on the Lord? :)
The support raising process is back in gear... God has been gracious in providing 1/3 of the funding I need already!!! That is truly amazing! With the salary increase (so that we can afford an apartment) and the unexpected plane ticket I still need about $1700 for my continued ministry in Rome. Please pray that the Lord would put in on the hearts of several people to provide for this need! (If you feel like you would like to help you can go to the Cru website at www.campuscrusadeforchrist.com and click on "giving opportunities" and use my account number #0587430)
thanks for reading and for your desire to keep updated. :) your involvement, no matter what it is, is a great blessing to me!
buon natale! (merry christmas ;)
It has been such a blessing to be home and see my family and friends for the holidays. Thanks for your prayers in our time of transition!
Still in need of prayer!
I also have some news about our visa situation. LeAnne and I went to the Chicago consulate Wednesday and waited in line for a while with our packets of Visa information. (The lawyer we're working with has been great in taking care of almost everything Visa-wise for us) They only consider one application at a time so LeAnne went first. She was informed by a less-than-friendly visa officer that we needed a signed letter from the Vatican to be considered for religious visas. Hmm.. i don't think we're going to get that. I told LeAnne I'd get the Pope on the phone but she didn't seem too convinced. Anyway, we talked to our lawyer and she said that it's not legal to require Vatican approval, so we're headed back to the consulate sometime this week to plead our case. Would you pray that the Italian consulate would accept our applications and, ultimately, grant us Visas to go back to Rome? As long as everything with the Visas goes smoothly I should be bound back to bella Roma on January 10th.
And even more prayer... do you get the sense that I'm learning to rely on the Lord? :)
The support raising process is back in gear... God has been gracious in providing 1/3 of the funding I need already!!! That is truly amazing! With the salary increase (so that we can afford an apartment) and the unexpected plane ticket I still need about $1700 for my continued ministry in Rome. Please pray that the Lord would put in on the hearts of several people to provide for this need! (If you feel like you would like to help you can go to the Cru website at www.campuscrusadeforchrist.com and click on "giving opportunities" and use my account number #0587430)
thanks for reading and for your desire to keep updated. :) your involvement, no matter what it is, is a great blessing to me!
buon natale! (merry christmas ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home